    show C: Windows(xp). How do I get the BIOS to give me the option for vista?
    Nothing but updates in vista, but xp is reloaded with programs. I don't want
    to reinstall xp again, though it won't kill me.

    Tim, Feb 2, 2007

  2. I'm not familiar with vista but would like to suggest a reinstall of vista
    with xp already installed. I know that XP will only install on C: and
    apparantly vista will install elsewhere (you were able to put it on G:)
    therefor the reinstall suggestion and looking for a dual boot option in the
    vista install.

    This situation is very similar to a WinXP/Linux dual boot install where
    WinXP will overlay anything in the boot sector while Linux will permit
    selection of dual boot by moving XP's sector to a different location and
    creating a new boot sector with switching options.

    Good luck - Windows (Microsoft) has a reputation for disallowing or not
    recognizing any others and apparantly it is now coming home to bite them!

    Tom Clydesdale, Feb 2, 2007

  3. Tim

    Tim Guest

    It worked! I now have a choice of 'Earlier version of windows' or 'Microsoft
    windows Vista'

    Tim, Feb 3, 2007