  1. Sharad Gupta

    Sharad Gupta Guest

    what do yu mean by dual channel memory

    Sharad Gupta, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Sharad Gupta

    MyndPhlyp Guest

    "Sharad Gupta" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > what do yu mean by dual channel memory

    Dual Channel is a memory access throughput enhancement on the motherboard.
    On the D875PBZ, there are two banks of memory - Channel A and Channel B -
    with two slots each. By populating Slot 0 on Channel A and Channel B, the
    Dual Channel feature is available. If you instead populated Slot 0 and Slot
    1 of Channel A, the board operates in Single Channel mode. For best
    throughput, all the DIMMs must be matched in speed and size allowing Dynamic
    Mode in addition to either Dual Channel or Single Channel. (Four
    configuration possibilities total.).

    MyndPhlyp, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Sharad Gupta

    DaveW Guest

    Motherboards that are designed for it can run specially tested paired
    IDENTICAL DDR RAM sticks in dual channel mode which doubles the available
    bandwidth of the RAM, compared to standard single channel DDR.

    --
    DaveW

    DaveW, Feb 20, 2004
  4. Sharad Gupta

    daytripper Guest

    On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 00:59:59 GMT, "DaveW" <> wrote:

    >Motherboards that are designed for it can run specially tested paired
    >IDENTICAL DDR RAM sticks in dual channel mode which doubles the available
    >bandwidth of the RAM, compared to standard single channel DDR.

    Leave off the "specially tested" and you'd be correct...

    /daytripper

    daytripper, Feb 20, 2004
  5. DaveW wrote:
    > Motherboards that are designed for it can run specially tested paired
    > IDENTICAL DDR RAM sticks in dual channel mode which doubles the available
    > bandwidth of the RAM, compared to standard single channel DDR.

    My original PentiumPro Supermicro board offered two or four way
    interleave, can't remember if it was parallel or just to improve
    latency. In any case, a bandwidth thing.

    --
    bill davidsen <>
    CTO TMR Associates, Inc

    Bill Davidsen, Feb 28, 2004