    will this support a dual core athlon. thanks for yur advice
    Regards
    Bob
    BH2, Aug 9, 2006

  2. Hi Bob,

    On 08/09/2006 01:28 PM, BH2 wrote:
    > do the normal Mobo's support dual core athlons.. I have an epox 9nda3J Mobo,
    > will this support a dual core athlon. thanks for yur advice

    I'm quite sure that you can use any "AMD Athlon64 X2" (dual core)
    socket 939 processor within your main board. You can also have a
    look at the site where EPOX offers the BIOS updates for your board:

    http://www.epox.com.tw/eng/support.php?ps=323&type=1

    As you can see, the BIOS version "05.10.14" adds support for dual
    core CPUs. That means it would make sense to upgrade to the lastest
    BIOS version (if not already done) before putting a dual core CPU
    into this board (to make sure that the CPU is recognized correctly).

    I've got two EPOX "9NPA+ Ultra" mainboards and one of them is used
    together with a dual core Athlon64 without any problems.

    HTH!

    Best regards,
    Steffen
    Steffen Moser, Aug 9, 2006