Dual Head - Full Screen Video on Widescreen monitor

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by hanswurst247@web.de, Jan 5, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    In the past, I was using an external 4:3 aspect ratio monitor along
    with my laptop monitor (1680x1050) in dual head setup. Videos were
    always shown in full screen on the external monitor.

    Now I puchased a widescreen external monitor (1680x1050), which works
    fine, except that the full screen feature mentioned above distorts the
    display. The monitor says it's running at 640x480 resolution only, when
    showing the video, even though it had been properly set up to run at
    full resolution in normal dual head mode.

    The GeForce FX Go5200 Tool of my graphics card lets me turn off the
    Full Screen Video option (in this case the video is only shown in the
    pertaining player), but it doesn't let me change the default
    resolution.

    Does anybody have an idea, how to configure the Full Screen video to be
    shown in the external monitors current resolution?
    I hope this would give me some black bars on the sides, instead of
    stretching the video to fill the whole monitor area.

    Thanks,
    Holger
    , Jan 5, 2007