    second, wacom, tablet monitor ?

    Thanks,

    Ron

    rcdepauw, Oct 23, 2007

  2. >> on the second, wacom, tablet monitor ? <<

    The following is just a guess... have not tried it.

    See if it's possible to set the dual monitor up with the tablet as
    "monitor #1" rather than two... this should be "dooable" and you can
    arrange the position so the tablet (#1) is off to the lower right
    (assuming that's where you want it.)

    That should put the startmenu/taskbar/etc on the tablet and I'm guessing
    that it will accept pen input and use monitor 2 as your primary
    workspace by moving windows there.

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Oct 23, 2007

  3. You need a HID driver for Vista to flip into "I'm a Tablet PC" mode.
    However, you can still access all the goodies like the TIP, Journal, sticky
    notes, etc even without this HID driver.

    Check with Wacom cause I don't know for sure about that device, but they
    have a HID driver that works on Vista to enable this stuff. But if you want
    the TIP for now you can right click the task bar -> toolbars -> tabet pc
    input panel.

    If you don't see it, be sure you have an edition other than Home Basic and
    that you didn't turn it off in the Add/Remove Windows Components control
    panel.

    --
    Josh Einstein (Tablet PC MVP)
    Einstein Technologies

    Josh Einstein, Oct 23, 2007
  4. Josh... as you can tell from my post, I've found that when I have the
    tablet in dual monitor mode with the tablet screen as monitor#2, the pen
    doesn't function.

    Any thoughts or wisdom on this... for example is it that the digitizer
    software is reference related to the home screen?

    Beverly Howard

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Oct 23, 2007
  5. >> The following is just a guess... have not tried it. <<

    Works... just set mine up with tablet as monitor #1... looks like it has
    the potential of replacing the mouse with the tablet in a desktop dual
    monitor scenario... will have to get used to the new taskbar location
    plus the need to move apps onto the CRT after opening them.

    Another anomaly is the need to assure the native lcd resolution is
    set... the tablet allows a "virtual screen" where the desktop scrolls,
    but the wacom can't deal with that... the pen is offset from the cursor
    point.

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Oct 23, 2007
  6. With regards to digitizer on monitor #2, it's just not supported. Wisptis
    (the process that converts pen movements to mouse activity) just doesn't
    honor the primary monitor setting.

    But regardless, the OP is having trouble getting Vista to see the Wacom
    device as a true tablet which requires a HID driver. It won't solve the
    issue with multi-monitors but it will get Vista to treat the Wacom device as
    a true tablet. But even if Vista doesn't see a tablet, the TIP can be forced
    on.

    --
    Josh Einstein (Tablet PC MVP)
    Einstein Technologies