    MS2004 window across two monitors but it stretches the view rather
    than adding more.

    \Samson
    Samson, Mar 12, 2005

  2. Samson

    Arthur Hagen Guest

    Samson <> wrote:
    > I have a Parhelia and two monitors. How do I set up FS2004 in XP so
    > that I can use two montiors?
    >
    > Currently FS2004 comes up on the first monitor and the Windows desktop
    > with other apps is on the other window. In full screen mode I can't
    > stretch the views or move the controls or instrumentation to the
    > second montior. In non full screen mode I can stretch the whole
    > MS2004 window across two monitors but it stretches the view rather
    > than adding more.

    It's a rather convoluted process, I'm afraid.
    First of all, you should set up Independent Mode in PowerDesk.
    You have to detach the windows in windowed mode and move them over to the
    second monitor, and then switch to full screen mode. After this, resize and
    move each window until it's where you want it.
    If your secondary monitor is on the left, you want a full-screen cockpit
    view of "Forward Left" on the secondary monitor. Similar with right /
    Forward Right. Depending on the quality of the aircraft you use, that
    should fit seamlessly with the main view, as long as the zoom is 1.0 on both
    monitors.

    And no, you can't save these settings, and have to redo them every time you
    start MSFS2k4.

    Regards,
    --
    *Art
    Arthur Hagen, Mar 12, 2005

  3. Samson

    Samson Guest

    >It's a rather convoluted process, I'm afraid.
    >First of all, you should set up Independent Mode in PowerDesk.
    >You have to detach the windows in windowed mode and move them over to the
    >second monitor, and then switch to full screen mode. After this, resize and
    >move each window until it's where you want it.
    >If your secondary monitor is on the left, you want a full-screen cockpit
    >view of "Forward Left" on the secondary monitor. Similar with right /
    >Forward Right. Depending on the quality of the aircraft you use, that
    >should fit seamlessly with the main view, as long as the zoom is 1.0 on both
    >monitors.
    >
    >And no, you can't save these settings, and have to redo them every time you
    >start MSFS2k4.

    Thanks. I always have the parhelia set to use Independent mode
    which means that I won't have to do any switching in Powerdesk.

    I followed your advise and in windowed mode moved the instrument panel
    and controls to the other screen. I had tried to do that before but
    couldn't and assumed it wasn't possible. But because you were
    instructing to do it I got to checking and saw the docking and
    undocking option when right clicking. So that allows it.

    I am not trying to set up a continuous view across two monitors just
    yet. It would be impressive to have continous viewing on three
    montiors though. -- I need more desk space if I'm going to do that.

    I'm glad I found out about this group as usenet is more pleasant for
    me to use than forums and that thing about the Matrox forum being
    closed for the weekend is not convenient for me. ---- reminds me
    of the community college online class registration in our area that
    has business hours, -- although I do understand the forum
    adminstrator's argument that he would be overwhelmed with posts on
    Monday morning if he allowed it to be active over the weekend....
    unless he had it read only.

    Thanks,
    \Samson
    Samson, Mar 12, 2005