Dual Processor Problem PIIIDRE

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by Travno9, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. Travno9

    Travno9 Guest

    Hello, All!
    I've got a PIIIDRE and recently installed the windows XP OS.
    I then added second PIII 933mhz processor.
    reinstalled the OS to force a multiprocessor HAL.
    The processor shows up on the board bios under the peripheral section and
    monitors the temp, core voltage, and fan speed.
    The OS shows a acpi multiprocessor HAL is installed.
    BUT
    The OS and the registry show only one processor.
    I'm thinking I have to do a clean install to re-enumerate the hardware and
    build a registry that recognizes the second processor.
    Anyone had any experience with this issue??
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

    bob

    1. Advertising

  2. Travno9

    Travno9 Guest

    The problem is resolved, the secondary ATX power supply connector was
    loose, after re-securing it the second processor showed up and is running.