    Mi piacerebbe comprendere una volta per tutte questo argomento e ringrazio
    tutti coloro che sono disposti a darmi una mano.
    Ciao, Marco

    Marco, Jul 19, 2007

  2. Marco

    Fishface Guest

    The Babel Fish translation to English from Italian:

    Boys blank to all, my doubt is this: when he speaks himself about front side bus,
    in order to bind together the just one ram must themselves be held present fsb
    real or that theorist? I explain myself, with fsb to 1066 we have a fsb real to 266
    that then becomes 1066 with the qdr. For sciegliere the ram, than reasoning it
    is followed? Is kept account of the fsb of 266 and therefore could go well a ddr2
    to 533 or is kept account of fsb the total and therefore to bind together one ddr2
    1066 (pc2-8500)? Because a mobo that it supports a fsb to 1066/800/533 it
    offers the possibility of ram ddr2 to 800/667/533? It would appeal to to me to
    once comprise for all this argument and ringrazio all those who are disposed to
    give to me one hand. Hello, Mark

    I do not exactly understand everything you wrote. It seems that you are confused
    about RAM speed numbers. Divide the rated FSB of the Intel CPU to know the
    memory speed number required for default operation. A 1066 FSB Core 2 Duo
    requires DDR2-533 memory. A 1333 FSB CPU requires DDR2-667 memory.
    Some motherboards. I operate my overclocked FSB 1066 CPU at actual FSB
    of 1760. My RAM is operating at DDR2-880 speed.

    Fishface, Jul 19, 2007

  3. Marco

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Fishface' wrote, in part:
    | I do not exactly understand everything you wrote. It seems that you are
    confused
    | about RAM speed numbers. Divide the rated FSB of the Intel CPU to know
    the
    | memory speed number required for default operation. A 1066 FSB Core 2 Duo
    | requires DDR2-533 memory. A 1333 FSB CPU requires DDR2-667 memory.
    | Some motherboards. I operate my overclocked FSB 1066 CPU at actual FSB
    | of 1760. My RAM is operating at DDR2-880 speed.
    _____

    In part an attempt to answer the question from 'Marco':

    Default DDR2 memory operation:
    DDR2-400 default for FSB 800 MHz
    DDR2-533 default for FSB 1066 MHz
    DDR2-666 default for FSB 1333 MHz.

    Descriptions for different chipsets and motherboards use different
    terminnology.

    Another way of analysis, using default CPU clock : Memory clock ratio (2:1)
    is with the DDR2-XXXX rating half the FSB (FSB 800 MHz with DDR2-400, FSB
    1066 MHz with DDR2-533, FSB 1333 MHz with DDR2-667.

    But operating at memory clock speeds closer to CPU clock speeds (closer to
    or higher than 1:1 is beneficial. I operate my Intel E4300 with a FrontSide
    Bus speed of 1200 MHz and a memory bus speed of 1200 MHz (with Patriot
    DDR2-1066 (PC8500) SLI ready memory. With a motherboard based on the nVidia
    680i chipset (and perhaps other chipsets), DDR2 rated at almost any memory
    speed can be used - the DDR2 memory can operate at a speed unlinked to the
    FSB speed (though the memory bus operating speed selections are granular to
    some extent); the ratio is not limited to a few like 2:1, 3:2, 5:4, and
    1:1).

    With my system these and more combinations operate correctly:
    FSB Memory Bus
    1450 MHz 1200 MHz
    1400 MHz 1200 MHz
    1300 MHz 1200 MHz
    1200 MHz 1200 MHz
    1200 MHz 1066 MHz
    1200 MHz 800 MHz
    1200 MHz 600 MHz
    800 MHz 1200 MHz
    800 MHz 1066 MHz
    800 MHz 800 MHz
    800 MHz 600 MHz.

    All these pairings work, with system performance increasing with each
    increase in Memory Bus speed (according to SiSoft Sandra 2007).

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Jul 19, 2007
  4. Marco

    Marco Guest