Duron 1400 Applebred

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Lee Hancock, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. Lee Hancock

    Lee Hancock Guest

    I first brought this chip for a secondary machine at £29.99, trying to see
    what features this chip has I ran CrystalCPUID. To my amazement a saw the
    following results...

    Current Original
    Clock: 1396.83 MHz 2083.33 MHz
    System Clock: 133.04 MHz 166.67 MHz
    System Bus: 266.09 MHz 333.33 MHz
    Multiplier: 10.50 12.50
    Data Rate: DDR

    I though this was wrong, so I decided to search Google to see if anyone
    else was seeing this. I found this article
    (http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20030908004407.html) after reading
    this I connected the L2 bridges and swapped it into my MSI kt4 ultra board
    (the board I was originally using it on was a Jetway 266b, no overclocking
    potential.) Bumped up my system bus to 166 x 12.5, and increase the vcore
    to 1.55v, and saw it post as an AthlonXP 2600+ .The system has been running
    stable for two days now. Temps are 35 idle and 44 load.

    I've benchmarked the chip in sis Sandra, and scores about the same as the
    example. Now I've swapped my athlon 1800+ (running @ 166 * 11) for this
    chip. NOT BAD FOR £29.99.

    Has anyone else tried this? what is the max you've got out of your?

    Lee Hancock, Nov 4, 2003