    7), so i need some pin guide of my dear duron (morgan) who goes hi as 1445
    mhz!!! (of course it blocks after POST).
    tHaNx !!!

    miranGT, Aug 31, 2003

  2. miranGT

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:25:35 +0200, miranGT wrote:

    > Hi i have duron 1000 mhz (morgan core) on epox 8kta3+, i wanna to push it on
    > 133 mhz FSB, but first i must set default multiplier lower than 10x (8 or
    > 7), so i need some pin guide of my dear duron (morgan) who goes hi as 1445
    > mhz!!! (of course it blocks after POST).
    > tHaNx !!!

    Well, if it'll post at 1445Mhz (how did you get it this high?) , it should
    run at 1333MHz. So why not just leave the mutiplier at 10 and raise the
    FSB to 133MHz.

    Wes Newell, Aug 31, 2003

  3. miranGT

    miranGT Guest

    Well i get it so hi only once after couple of restarting but it goes only to
    POST and then it freezes.
    I cant boot when i set jumper to 133 (this board have jumper for FSB).

    miranGT, Aug 31, 2003
  4. miranGT

    rstlne Guest

    > Well i get it so hi only once after couple of restarting but it goes only
    > POST and then it freezes.
    > I cant boot when i set jumper to 133 (this board have jumper for FSB).

    If your unstable with the default allowable settings then I think modifying
    it to get higher settings are just going to be useless

    if your car can only go 280 kMh then should you really add a speed dial that
    goes up to 800 kMh

    rstlne, Sep 1, 2003
  5. miranGT

    Martin Guest

    "rstlne" <> wrote in message
    > > Well i get it so hi only once after couple of restarting but it goes

    only
    > > POST and then it freezes.
    > > I cant boot when i set jumper to 133 (this board have jumper for FSB).

    > If your unstable with the default allowable settings then I think

    modifying
    > it to get higher settings are just going to be useless
    >

    > if your car can only go 280 kMh then should you really add a speed dial

    that
    > goes up to 800 kMh

    Can't you remember the thrill of the ride....................??

    :)

    Martin, Sep 1, 2003
  6. miranGT

    Hippy Paul Guest

    I found with my Morgan Duron 1.2 that I could not get the front bus speed
    past 123Mhz, I had unlocked the multiplier and was trying different ones -
    the most I managed to get it to run stable at was 1476Mhz, it would go to
    nearly 1500Mhz but was not stable.

    So from my experience I found the Morgan Duron can not do fsb 133.

    Hippy Paul, Sep 1, 2003
  7. miranGT

    Matt Guest

    http://ocinside.de/html/workshop/socketa/socketa_resistors.html
    It might be possible to adapt the pin-mod methods

    Have you tried (if the BIOS allows) reducing the multiplier and then
    switching it to 133 ?

    Still puzzled by how you got a 1445 figure, as that's higer than 10x
    133.

    You might like to add 0.1 to the voltage as well, if trying to
    overclock.

    Mind you, if you have a decent motherboard, and decent RAM, you're
    probably wasting a lot of time and effort trying to squeeze much more
    out of a Duron - sure, getting to 133 x 8 is a small overclock, and
    better memory bandwidth, but if you've already found that it won't
    give you 33% more (a straight swap to 133x10) then unless you can gain
    that extra margin by pushing the voltage - a high risk, high heat
    move, then your upside is severely limited.

    On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:41:15 +0200, "miranGT" <>
    wrote:

    >Well i get it so hi only once after couple of restarting but it goes only to
    >POST and then it freezes.
    >I cant boot when i set jumper to 133 (this board have jumper for FSB).
    >"Wes Newell" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:25:35 +0200, miranGT wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi i have duron 1000 mhz (morgan core) on epox 8kta3+, i wanna to push

    >it on
    >> > 133 mhz FSB, but first i must set default multiplier lower than 10x (8

    >or
    >> > 7), so i need some pin guide of my dear duron (morgan) who goes hi as

    >1445
    >> > mhz!!! (of course it blocks after POST).
    >> > tHaNx !!!

    >> Well, if it'll post at 1445Mhz (how did you get it this high?) , it should
    >> run at 1333MHz. So why not just leave the mutiplier at 10 and raise the
    >> FSB to 133MHz.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
    >> http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.html

    --
    I may be dozzzy, but take the ZZZ's out to mail me
    http://www.junkroom.freeserve.co.uk/jvc2080.htm - 2x2x24 CD-RW troubles

    If you drop a cactus, don't try to catch it!

    Matt, Sep 2, 2003
  8. miranGT

    Joe Guest

    > So from my experience I found the Morgan Duron can not do fsb 133.

    My morgan 1g AHCLA does 133fsb @ 1.85Volts. Mind you not entirely stable,
    Prime95 will sometimes freeze but it games 1942 no problem. I run it @
    10x124 and when i want it faster i up the fsb in windows.

    Joe, Sep 2, 2003
  9. miranGT

    miranGT Guest

    Sorry Matt it was 12,5*118=1475mhz, its strange to get 1475mhz, and not to
    get 1330mhz(10*133), i will try couple of trick before i repaint pins on my
    duron.
    The trick whit lowering multiplier and then set jumper to 133 dose not work
    becouse BIOS reads first default multiplier.

    miranGT, Sep 3, 2003
  10. miranGT

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:27:21 +0200, miranGT wrote:

    > Sorry Matt it was 12,5*118=1475mhz, its strange to get 1475mhz, and not to
    > get 1330mhz(10*133), i will try couple of trick before i repaint pins on my
    > duron.

    This just tells me that you have a fsb/memory bus problem somewhere. Could
    be MB, ram, or very unlikely, the cpu. I don't recall ever hearing of a
    Duron that wouldn't do 133MHz on the fsb as long as it didn't exceed the
    speed the cpu was capable of. It could also be a power problem. Or maybe a
    setup problem.

    > The trick whit lowering multiplier and then set jumper to 133 dose not work
    > becouse BIOS reads first default multiplier.

    You lost me here since there's only one default multiplier, as encoded on
    the cpu. The first is the last, and only one.

    At this point though why worry about it, just run it at 12.5x100-118,
    depending on the speed you want.

    Wes Newell, Sep 3, 2003
  11. miranGT

    Frans Guest

    Onfortunate Joe twaddled in alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd:

    > > So from my experience I found the Morgan Duron can not do fsb 133.
    > >

    > My morgan 1g AHCLA does 133fsb @ 1.85Volts. Mind you not entirely stable,
    > Prime95 will sometimes freeze but it games 1942 no problem. I run it @
    > 10x124 and when i want it faster i up the fsb in windows.

    My Duron 1200 runs 9x133fsb(1200) and 10x133fsb(1333) @ default Volt - No
    problem, always on for last 12 mnds

    Frans, Sep 4, 2003