Dvd drive for a 9400/E1705

Discussion in 'Dell' started by John B, Oct 18, 2011.

  1. John B

    John B Guest

    what type dvd drive is in a 9400/E1705 a pata or a sata?

    1. Advertising

  2. Pen

    Pen Guest

    1. Advertising

  3. olfart

    olfart Guest

  4. John B

    John B Guest

    On 10/18/2011 4:58 PM, olfart wrote:
    > "Pen"<> wrote in message news:j7knft$viu$...
    >> On 10/18/2011 4:04 PM, John B wrote:
    >>> what type dvd drive is in a 9400/E1705 a pata or a sata?

    >> Take it out and look
    >> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins9400/en/om/parts.htm#wp1057584

    > or look in Device Manager or in the BIOS

    Both ideas are great but I don't have the machine. I was asked if I
    could replace it. They want me to order it and I thought someone in this
    group may know so that they would not have bring it here and then back
    home till I got the drive.

  5. Steve W.

    Steve W. Guest

    John B wrote:
    > On 10/18/2011 4:58 PM, olfart wrote:
    >> "Pen"<> wrote in message
    >>> Take it out and look
    >>> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins9400/en/om/parts.htm#wp1057584
    >>>

    >> or look in Device Manager or in the BIOS
    >>

    > Both ideas are great but I don't have the machine. I was asked if I
    > could replace it. They want me to order it and I thought someone in this
    > group may know so that they would not have bring it here and then back
    > home till I got the drive.

    PATA if the Dell part numbers are correct

    http://www.golaptopparts.com/DELL_Inspiron_9400-Dell_laptop_24x_cdrw_dvd_combo_drive.html
    http://www.golaptopparts.com/DELL_Inspiron_9400-Dell_laptop_8x_DVD_-_RW_burner_drive_dt610.html

    --
    Steve W.

  6. John B

    John B Guest

    On 10/18/2011 8:36 PM, Steve W. wrote:
    > John B wrote:
    >> On 10/18/2011 4:58 PM, olfart wrote:
    >>> "Pen"<> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> or look in Device Manager or in the BIOS
    >>>

    >> Both ideas are great but I don't have the machine. I was asked if I
    >> could replace it. They want me to order it and I thought someone in
    >> this group may know so that they would not have bring it here and then
    >> back home till I got the drive.

    > PATA if the Dell part numbers are correct
    >
    > http://www.golaptopparts.com/DELL_Inspiron_9400-Dell_laptop_24x_cdrw_dvd_combo_drive.html
    >
    > http://www.golaptopparts.com/DELL_Inspiron_9400-Dell_laptop_8x_DVD_-_RW_burner_drive_dt610.html

    Thank you very much for the assistance.

  7. RJ

    RJ Guest

    On 10/19/2011 10:19 AM, John B wrote:
    > On 10/18/2011 8:36 PM, Steve W. wrote:
    >> John B wrote:

    >>> Both ideas are great but I don't have the machine. I was asked if I
    >>> could replace it. They want me to order it and I thought someone in
    >>> this group may know so that they would not have bring it here and then
    >>> back home till I got the drive.

    >> PATA if the Dell part numbers are correct
    >>
    >> http://www.golaptopparts.com/DELL_Inspiron_9400-Dell_laptop_24x_cdrw_dvd_combo_drive.html
    >>

    >> http://www.golaptopparts.com/DELL_Inspiron_9400-Dell_laptop_8x_DVD_-_RW_burner_drive_dt610.html
    >>

    > Thank you very much for the assistance.

    It's a TS (Toshiba/Samsung) L633. A good replacement is a Sony/Optiarc
    7590A. You can buy them on eBay for 20/30 depending on your wanting new
    or used. They flash with Liggy/Dee firmware for bitsetting real nice.
    A good replacement.
    RJ

  8. RJ

    RJ Guest

    On 10/19/2011 2:35 PM, RJ wrote:
    > On 10/19/2011 10:19 AM, John B wrote:

    >>> PATA if the Dell part numbers are correct
    >>>
    >>> http://www.golaptopparts.com/DELL_Inspiron_9400-Dell_laptop_24x_cdrw_dvd_combo_drive.html
    >>>

    >>> http://www.golaptopparts.com/DELL_Inspiron_9400-Dell_laptop_8x_DVD_-_RW_burner_drive_dt610.html
    >>>

    >> Thank you very much for the assistance.

    > It's a TS (Toshiba/Samsung) L633. A good replacement is a Sony/Optiarc
    > 7590A. You can buy them on eBay for 20/30 depending on your wanting new
    > or used. They flash with Liggy/Dee firmware for bitsetting real nice. A a
    > good replacement.
    > RJ

    I guess the original question was pata/sata. pata
    RJ