    007 Guest

    What new is available in rev.E0 that is missing in rev.C0? Is it much better
    to pay extra $?

    007, Aug 9, 2008

  2. 007

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "007" typed:
    > What new is available in rev.E0 that is missing in rev.C0? Is it much
    > better to pay extra $?

    The scuttlebutt is that the E0 stepping clocks significantly higher.
    However, I haven't seen any reviews to back it up yet as I believe the parts
    are still quire rare?
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 10, 2008

  3. 007

    Augustus Guest

    "007" <> wrote in message
    > What new is available in rev.E0 that is missing in rev.C0? Is it much
    > better to pay extra $?

    http://www.futuremark.com/news/53804_intel_core_2_duo_e8600_e0_stepping_processor_review/

    For what it's worth, my air cooled E8400 C0 unit runs 24/7 at 3.8Ghz with
    just the FSB set to 422 and zero other BIOS mods on a Gigabyte EP35 DSR3
    board with 2x2Gig OCZ Platinum PC6400. Although I don't usually run it at
    4.0Ghz (445FSB) I have let the unit run for over 24Hrs at this speed
    (445FSB) on Orthos on 100% stock voltage and timings without a single error
    or hitch.

    Augustus, Aug 10, 2008