"Easy Access Buttons"....yes, again!

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Dark Mikey, Jun 26, 2007.

  1. Dark Mikey

    Dark Mikey Guest

    LOVED the keyboard on my old 5838 so much, I made sure my new keyboard
    had Internet buttons. A very nice addition was the web forward/
    backward buttons, I'm gonna miss those (sniff...)

    Unfortunately the KEYS on my nice new keyboard were CRAP!! The
    keyboard didn't last a year before the keys started failing. Bought a
    cheap "Iconcepts" keyboard that had the same Internet buttons, but
    some keys on it failed within a few weeks!

    So, dug out my old Compaq keyboard. First thing I notice is the
    buttons don't work. Second thing is DANG these keys are nice! They
    have a lot more travel than the keys on my old boards. And they
    WORK!!

    Actually, SOME of the buttons work. "Shopping" gives me my homepage.
    "Search" gives me calculator, LOL. That's it, though.

    D/L'd and run the EAB support, and it said "Install failed." Anyone
    know why? Was surprised to see the EAB icon in the tray, and try
    changing a few keys, but still nothing.

    Anyone know what I need to do to get the buttons working? My first
    thought is there should be something in there reading buttons from the
    old board, but I can't find anything on the hard drive, nor on task
    manager. How do the other boards read the Internet buttons?

    Thanks, all!

    Mike
    O-

    Dark Mikey, Jun 26, 2007