ECS K7S5A REV: 5.0 Speed problem

Discussion in 'ECS' started by scottandadrianna@yahoo.com, Apr 11, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello all,
    I have a 2.4 (AMD Athlon) processor in my PC, well it's been running
    slow so I looked at the settings in the control panel, and saw that it
    said it was only running at 1.49. When I first got the PC (my old man
    built it), it had this problem, so at that time I went into the
    settings during boot, went the the speed configurations settings and
    changed the speed. Now last night I couldn't remember exactly what I
    changed it to, I thought ot was 166/133. Well I changed to to that
    (from 100/100), now the PC will power up, but I don't hear the "beep" I
    normally hear when when it starts up, there are no lights/activity on
    my keyboard, or mouse, and the monitor just displays a "test" message.
    My two disk CD drive bays will open & close. The motherboard is a ECS
    Elitegroup K7S5A PRO REV:5.0. Of course, I no longer have the owners
    manual. I am running XP Pro. Last night I unplugged the PC from the
    wall and removed the battery for about an hour, hopping this might have
    reset the system, it didn't. Any words of wisdom?

    1. Advertising

  2. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    > I have a 2.4 (AMD Athlon) processor in my PC, well it's been running
    > slow so I looked at the settings in the control panel, and saw that it
    > said it was only running at 1.49. When I first got the PC (my old man
    > built it), it had this problem, so at that time I went into the
    > settings during boot, went the the speed configurations settings and
    > changed the speed. Now last night I couldn't remember exactly what I
    > changed it to, I thought ot was 166/133. Well I changed to to that
    > (from 100/100), now the PC will power up, but I don't hear the "beep" I
    > normally hear when when it starts up, there are no lights/activity on
    > my keyboard, or mouse, and the monitor just displays a "test" message.
    > My two disk CD drive bays will open & close. The motherboard is a ECS
    > Elitegroup K7S5A PRO REV:5.0. Of course, I no longer have the owners
    > manual. I am running XP Pro. Last night I unplugged the PC from the
    > wall and removed the battery for about an hour, hopping this might have
    > reset the system, it didn't. Any words of wisdom?

    You can download the manual from ECS.
    http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downlo...L&DetailDesc=K7S5A Pro(5.0)&MenuID=35&LanID=0
    In the manual, it says that if you manually set the wrong speed and the system
    won't run properly, press the Page Up key while the system is booting and a
    default setting will replace the incorrect CPU setting.
    The recommended setting for your PC would be 133/133.
    Did you try using the Clear CMOS jumper?
    It is on the JP4 and you jumper 1-2 to clear and 2-3 is Normal.

    1. Advertising

  3. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    > <>
    > You can download the manual from ECS.

    http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downlo...L&DetailDesc=K7S5A Pro(5.0)&MenuID=35&LanID=0
    > In the manual, it says that if you manually set the wrong speed and the system
    > won't run properly, press the Page Up key while the system is booting and a
    > default setting will replace the incorrect CPU setting.
    > The recommended setting for your PC would be 133/133.
    > Did you try using the Clear CMOS jumper?
    > It is on the JP4 and you jumper 1-2 to clear and 2-3 is Normal.

    Sorry, you MB has the Clear CMOS jumper on JP1, not JP4.
    However, 1-2 is still to clear, and 2-3 is Normal.
    I just dl'd your manual, and you should do the same.

  4. Guest

    Thanks so much!!!