    wall and removed the battery for about an hour, hopping this might have
    reset the system, it didn't. Any words of wisdom?
    , Apr 11, 2005

  2. Buffalo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello all,
    > I have a 2.4 (AMD Athlon) processor in my PC, well it's been running
    > slow so I looked at the settings in the control panel, and saw that it
    > said it was only running at 1.49. When I first got the PC (my old man
    > built it), it had this problem, so at that time I went into the
    > settings during boot, went the the speed configurations settings and
    > changed the speed. Now last night I couldn't remember exactly what I
    > changed it to, I thought ot was 166/133. Well I changed to to that
    > (from 100/100), now the PC will power up, but I don't hear the "beep" I
    > normally hear when when it starts up, there are no lights/activity on
    > my keyboard, or mouse, and the monitor just displays a "test" message.
    > My two disk CD drive bays will open & close. The motherboard is a ECS
    > Elitegroup K7S5A PRO REV:5.0. Of course, I no longer have the owners
    > manual. I am running XP Pro. Last night I unplugged the PC from the
    > wall and removed the battery for about an hour, hopping this might have
    > reset the system, it didn't. Any words of wisdom?

    You can download the manual from ECS.
    http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downlo...L&DetailDesc=K7S5A Pro(5.0)&MenuID=35&LanID=0
    In the manual, it says that if you manually set the wrong speed and the system
    won't run properly, press the Page Up key while the system is booting and a
    default setting will replace the incorrect CPU setting.
    The recommended setting for your PC would be 133/133.
    Did you try using the Clear CMOS jumper?
    It is on the JP4 and you jumper 1-2 to clear and 2-3 is Normal.
    Buffalo, Apr 11, 2005

  3. Buffalo Guest

    > <>
    > You can download the manual from ECS.

    http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downlo...L&DetailDesc=K7S5A Pro(5.0)&MenuID=35&LanID=0
    > In the manual, it says that if you manually set the wrong speed and the system
    > won't run properly, press the Page Up key while the system is booting and a
    > default setting will replace the incorrect CPU setting.
    > The recommended setting for your PC would be 133/133.
    > Did you try using the Clear CMOS jumper?
    > It is on the JP4 and you jumper 1-2 to clear and 2-3 is Normal.

    Sorry, you MB has the Clear CMOS jumper on JP1, not JP4.
    However, 1-2 is still to clear, and 2-3 is Normal.
    I just dl'd your manual, and you should do the same.
    Buffalo, Apr 11, 2005
  4. Guest

    Thanks so much!!!