    write and rewrite on dvd -r and dvd -rw. Did I read the specs wrong or is my
    drive actually supposed to also support this technology?
    Thanks for any info!
    tibbs, Feb 20, 2004

  2. tibbs

    David Chien Guest

    Should do both if the drive is labeled such. Try a different disc - DVD
    drives tend to be very picky.
    David Chien, Feb 21, 2004

  3. the outside of the drive says DVD+Rewritable. All the specs on the websites
    say DVD+/-RW Drive.
    Under "My Computer" it says DVD-RW Drive. And in Control Panel\System
    Properties\Hardware\Device Manager it says Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K12D. The only
    discs I've tried are DVD+R and DVD+RW and neither one works. Am I only gonna
    be able to burn with DVD-R and DVD-RW? Just thought I'd be able to use all
    the formats.
    Libby Baugher, Feb 21, 2004
  4. tibbs

    Dan Koren Guest

    Return it and file a complaint with the FTC
    against eMachines for deceitful advertising.

    At least that's what I would do....

    dk

    Dan Koren, Feb 21, 2004