    hertz, then it's elongated at the left side.

    Thanks in advance for any advice,
    Larry
    Larry G, Mar 26, 2005

  2. Larry G

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Previously Larry G <> wrote:
    > Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

    > I recently purchased an eMachines W-3050, and today I noticed that the power
    > light on the tower (blue light, flashes when in stand-by mode) has burned
    > itself out. There is a little blue dot, but nothing around the ring of the
    > "e". The monitor equivalent is just fine. (Why couldn't *that* one have
    > burned itself out, <g>).

    > Anybody know of a fix. I'm reading here of a lot of computers with power
    > lights running, but the computer doesn't, so if I have to have a problem, I
    > guess I'd rather have it working and no light :), but it is an annoying
    > problem.

    More likely a connector failure. These LEDs are pretty tough and
    should give you several 1000 hours or operation. Unless they are
    seriously overloaded that is. The fix would be to check the cabeling
    and if needed replace the LED.

    > Plus, brand-new monitor is squealing at 1024x768, unless I set it at 75
    > hertz, then it's elongated at the left side.

    Can't you correct that with the geometry settings? If not, I would try
    to return it, monitors are not supposed to squeal.

    Arno
    Arno Wagner, Mar 26, 2005