Enabling IRQ Steering on Toshiba Satellite A100

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Carlos Moreno, Feb 27, 2008.

  1. Hello,

    I just got an expansion card to add FireWire ports to my
    Toshiba Satellite A100 notebook, but I'm unable to make
    it work.

    The card is an ADS Tech Pyro 1394DV for Notebooks.

    The notebook is running Windows XP SP2 (the one that
    came with it), and the system simply does not see any
    new hardware.

    ADS's support site indicates that IRQ Steering has to be
    enabled (under Device Manager, System Devices, PCI
    Bus), but there is no such option. They warn you about
    the possibility of the option not being there, and indicate
    that one should contact the notebook's manufacturer for
    instructions on how to enable that. But Toshiba support
    area no longer includes this "old" model :-(

    So I'm hoping that someone out there may be familiar
    with this and could show me the trick or hack necessary
    to do this? (well, or some way to make the card work?)

    Thanks,

    Carlos
    Carlos Moreno, Feb 27, 2008