Enermax DynaBacker 3.5" RAID System

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Bob, May 8, 2005.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Does anyone have any experience with the

    Enermax DynaBacker 3.5" RAID System, Model ES-352-B Internal IDE
    Mirror Kit Based on RAID-1

    http://www.enermax.com.tw/products_per2.php?Tid=3&gon=255&Gid=1&Gid2=32

    I realize it is not SATA, but I do not want to get into SATA at this
    time - I still have lots of life left in my WD Caviar drives.

    The apparant advantage of the Enermax 352 is that it supports both
    mirroring and auto backup modes, which allows building a disaster
    recovery archive as well has having dynamic mirroring available.

    I would appreciate any comments on RAID-1 implementations on a Win2K
    or XP system.

    --

    Map of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
    http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/vrwc.html

    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and
    denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the
    country to danger. It works the same way in any country."
    --Hermann Goering

    Bob, May 8, 2005