EP-4PDA2+ - ACPI.sys resource use over 50%

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Antony, Feb 13, 2006.

  1. Antony

    Antony Guest

    Hi
    I am having problems with a EP-4PDA2+ motherboard running a P4Northwood
    3.4GHz (800Mhz FSB), 4GB PC3200 Ram and Windows 2003. MB has latest bios
    per EPOX web site.

    The processor resources stay at 80% plus even with nothing running
    (clean OS install), using sysinternals process monitor it appears to be
    caused mainly by ACPI.sys which is staying around 50%+.

    Not getting any help from Epox so thought someone hear might be able to
    shed some light.

    TIA
    Antony

    1. Advertising

  2. MartinSmith

    MartinSmith Guest

    Hi Antony

    Did you ever find a solution to this

    I'm getting this exact same problem. I've found using Process Explore
    to put the ACPI.Sys thread to sleep brings the CPU down to norma
    immediately. I'm not sure what the side effects of this will b
    though as I know ACPI is used for power management

    Cheers

    Marti