    Is it really running at 400MHz and the post message is wrong? Any tips on
    where I might be going wrong in the BIOS setup?

    Thanks for any help!

    Ed Kemper, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Ed Kemper

    Gary Wiley Guest

    It's called double data rate because the memory runs at twice the
    front side bus speed.

    The memory is running at 400MHz.

    Gary

    Gary Wiley, Apr 15, 2005

  3. Ed Kemper

    Ed Kemper Guest

    Thanks. This might sound stupid but I thought the Epox board had a FSB of
    400MHz. Also, I have some PC2700 memory in an ABIT NF7-S board and it is also
    DDR memory, and when I boot that machine the POST message says the memory is
    running at 333MHz.

    Guess I'm just thick....

    Ed Kemper, Apr 16, 2005
  4. Ed Kemper

    Travis King Guest

    Why you're only getting 333MHz is because that's how fast PC-2700 RAM is...
    PC-3200 - 400MHz FSB (200MHz)
    PC-2700 - 333MHz FSB (166MHz)
    PC-2100 - 266MHz FSB (133MHz)

    Travis King, Apr 17, 2005
  5. Ed Kemper

    Ed Kemper Guest

    Thanks, but that wasn't my point -- I KNOW the PC2700 runs at 333MHz. I meant
    that on the Abit board the correct speed
    (333MHz DDR in dual channel mode) is displayed for the PC2700, and on the Epox
    board a speed of 200MHz is displayed for the
    PC3200. I thought it weird that just because the memory is DDR the Epox board
    doesn't display a speed of 400MHz for the
    memory, that the user is supposed to think, "Oh, it's really 400MHz because
    it's dual data rate."

    Ed Kemper, Apr 17, 2005
  6. Ed Kemper

    F Sutherland Guest

    133 x 2 = 266 & 266 * 8 = 2100 give or take
    166 x 2 = 332(333) & 333 * 8 = 2700 give or take
    200 x 2 = 400 & 400 * 8 = 3200

    why is 8 being used or to be exact 7.89 and 8.1 and 8 (all around 8) being
    used here and why call is pc2100 etc etc?

    Hugh

    F Sutherland, Jul 23, 2005