    for popped capacitors (or leaking) however i was unabl
    to find any.

    Thank you in advance for any help you can give me

    vab123, Mar 19, 2006

  2. vab123

    Graham W Guest

    vab123 wrote:
    > Hi good folks,
    >

    > I have an EP-8RDA3+ Mainboard.
    >
    > I have been using my computer as normal today. I told it to
    > reboot,
    > however strangely it stopped at blank screen. After a manual reset,
    > the POST code points to "1d" after which a sound is
    > produced
    > through the speaker. I have no idea towards what could have
    > caused the problem, nor can i identify what "1d" means.
    > The only thing I could learn from the internet is to look
    > for popped capacitors (or leaking) however i was unable
    > to find any.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

    Have you looked in page D2 of the manual?

    Graham W, Mar 19, 2006

  3. vab123

    DaveL Guest

    First, try removing power from the unit by cycling the power switch on the
    PSU.

    Still no go? With the PSU disconnected from the motherboard, clear the cmos
    by
    setting the jumper and removing the battery for 10 minutes. Then hook up the
    psu
    and test.

    Still no go? Take the board out of the case. With only cpu with hsf, one
    stick of ram
    and video card hooked up, clear the cmos by setting the jumper and removing
    the battery for 10 minutes. Then hook up the psu and start by momentarily
    shorting the power switch pins on the motherboard.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Mar 19, 2006