Epox 9npa+sli stall problems

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Revanant, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. Revanant

    Revanant Guest

    My computer hanged one day. Then I tried to reboot but
    windows wouldn't load and I tried safe mode, no go.

    So I reset the CPU and CPU Fan just in case of possible
    overheating problems. Still no proper windows load.

    So I tried to reinstall windows, I want to use a floppy to
    reformat a Hard Disk, when it installs the drivers for the
    DVD drive it hangs. Then I figure to check out the post LED.

    On my onboard post port LED display it says FF, that's
    a bios problem I thought, so I re-isntalled the newest bios
    without loading CD/DVD drivers and it worked. So I
    re-booted and the same FF is on the post LED. I took
    out the bios chip on the motherboard & reinserted it.
    Same problem.

    I figure it's probably a IDE Controller problem on the
    epox motherboard. If it was the CPU then it wouldn't
    boot properly at all. I don't think it is the Video
    Card or I would get 2D on the post LED on the motherboard.

    I think it's time to call/email Epox!...Unless you people
    think you have something like re-installing an earlier
    bios? I don't think I can fix this. It's possible it
    is the bios chip. I don't know.

    Well I'll get it running sooner or later. These problems
    happen with new computers. (sigh)

    Revanant, Jul 27, 2006

  2. Revanant

    dave Guest

    FF means a good boot. Sounds to me like you have a bad hard drive. If that
    in fact is the case, the only remedy is a new hard drive.

    DaveL

    dave, Jul 28, 2006

  3. Revanant

    Revanant Guest

    you scribbled in [alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox]
    on Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:38:36 -0700
    <>
    *
    > FF means a good boot. Sounds to me like you have a bad hard drive. If that
    > in fact is the case, the only remedy is a new hard drive.

    It boots up fine, I go into the bios hitting delete and it freezes up
    on me. That's not a Hard Disk problem. It's also a new hard disk.

    The way I look at it, it's got to be a bios or motherboard problem.
    Rev

    Revanant, Jul 28, 2006
  4. Revanant

    dave Guest

    Then try another power supply.

    DaveL

    dave, Jul 28, 2006
  5. Revanant

    Semi Head Guest

    Re: Epox 9npa+sli stall problems6

    Original post by:

    From: (Revanant)

[...]

    After you did the re_install of the Bios using floppy of your sick
    computer you may have created a bad bios.

    I agree with Dave, try another Power Supply.
    If it's a "no-go", return the mobo for a replacement (hopefully it's
    still under warranty).

    S_H

    Semi Head, Jul 29, 2006
  6. Revanant

    Semi Head Guest

    From:
    >(Revanant)
    >My computer hanged one day. Then I tried to reboot
    >but windows wouldn't load and I tried safe mode, no
    >go.
    >So I reset the CPU and CPU Fan just in
    >case of possible overheating problems. Still no proper windows load.
    >So I tried to reinstall windows, I want to use
    >a floppy to reformat a Hard Disk, when it installs
    >the drivers for the DVD drive it hangs. Then I
    >figure to check out the post LED.
    >On my onboard post port LED display it says FF,
    >that's a bios problem I thought, so I re-isntalled the
    >newest bios without loading CD/DVD drivers and it worked. So
    >I re-booted and the same FF is on the post
    >LED. I took out the bios chip on the motherboard
    >& reinserted it. Same problem.
    >I figure it's probably a IDE Controller problem on the
    >epox motherboard. If it was the CPU then it wouldn't
    >boot properly at all. I don't think it is the
    >Video Card or I would get 2D on the post
    >LED on the motherboard.
    >I think it's time to call/email Epox!...Unless you people think
    >you have something like re-installing an earlier bios? I don't
    >think I can fix this. It's possible it is the
    >bios chip. I don't know.
    >Well I'll get it running sooner or later. These problems
    >happen with new computers. (sigh)

    You could also try replacing the Bios chip

    Semi Head, Jul 29, 2006
  7. Revanant

    suemccartin

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2006
    Messages:
    5
    Even if your hard drive is brand new it could still be bad already. I won't buy seagate anymore cause I've had several and they all died pretty quick with no warning. Also have a fried just buy a new western digital that crapped out three days after he bought it. It could be several things all you can do is swap out stuff piece at a time till you find the problem. Power supply problems can be a bear to troubleshoot, try another one of those definetly.

    suemccartin, Oct 25, 2006