    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks for your help
    , Jun 12, 2005

  2. Windmolen Guest

    <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    > Hi
    >
    > A couple of days ago I started my computer as normal and all was fine
    > when suddenly after a couple of minutes it shut down on me and no
    > longer starts up. I have an Epox EP-8KHA+ motherboard and the LED
    > shows permantly shows FF and does not change at all. I have cleared
    > the CMOS and re-seated all the components and this has not helped. I
    > have been using the computer without any problems for several years now
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks for your help

    You may have leaking capacitators. It's a common problem with this
    motherboard.

    Jan

    Windmolen, Jun 13, 2005

  3. Mike M. Guest

    On 12 Jun 2005 10:52:17 -0700, wrotF:

    >Hi
    >
    >A couple of days ago I started my computer as normal and all was fine
    >when suddenly after a couple of minutes it shut down on me and no
    >longer starts up. I have an Epox EP-8KHA+ motherboard and the LED
    >shows permantly shows FF and does not change at all. I have cleared
    >the CMOS and re-seated all the components and this has not helped. I
    >have been using the computer without any problems for several years now
    >
    >Does anyone have any suggestions?
    >
    >Thanks for your help

    Yes, look for swollen and/or leaking capacitors. My 8KHA+ died after
    several years of reliable service. Epox says tough sh*t.
    Mike M., Jun 15, 2005
  4. Windmolen Guest

    "Mike M." <> schreef in bericht
    > On 12 Jun 2005 10:52:17 -0700, wrotF:
    >
    >>Hi
    >>
    >>A couple of days ago I started my computer as normal and all was fine
    >>when suddenly after a couple of minutes it shut down on me and no
    >>longer starts up. I have an Epox EP-8KHA+ motherboard and the LED
    >>shows permantly shows FF and does not change at all. I have cleared
    >>the CMOS and re-seated all the components and this has not helped. I
    >>have been using the computer without any problems for several years now
    >>
    >>Does anyone have any suggestions?
    >>
    >>Thanks for your help

    > Yes, look for swollen and/or leaking capacitors. My 8KHA+ died after
    > several years of reliable service. Epox says tough sh*t.

    Not Epox in The Netherlands. They charged me 10 euros to repair it.

    Jan

    Jan
    Windmolen, Jun 15, 2005
  5. Guest

    Hi

    Thanks for your help, I think the problem is leaking capacitors, but I
    don't know if the following is a contributing factor. For a couple of
    months before the computer stopped working, everytime I swtiched it on
    I would have to reset the computer to the correct time and date. Is
    this connected or a seperate issue?

    Thanks for your help
    , Jun 19, 2005
  6. bad battery?