    Anyone want to help me out ?

    Cheers
    Simon

    Simon, Jun 30, 2012

  2. Simon

    hamilton Guest

    On 6/30/2012 12:51 PM, Simon wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to source an equivalent part to the RJLD-043 magjack, and
    > I think I've found one in the SI-50163, but the 'dots' on the
    > transformers are at different points. My question is: does that matter
    > for a magjack ?
    >
    > Here's the internal diagram for the RJLD-043: http://0x0000ff.com/imgs/net/rjld-043.png
    > And here's the one for the SI-50163: http://0x0000ff.com/imgs/net/SI-50163.png
    >
    > Anyone want to help me out ?
    >
    > Cheers
    > Simon

    Yes, they are the same.

    hamilton, Jun 30, 2012

  3. Simon

    Simon Guest

    On Jun 30, 2:02 pm, hamilton <> wrote:
    > On 6/30/2012 12:51 PM, Simon wrote:> Hi,
    >
    > > I am trying to source an equivalent part to the RJLD-043 magjack, and
    > > I think I've found one in the SI-50163, but the 'dots' on the
    > > transformers are at different points. My question is: does that matter
    > > for a magjack ?

    > > Here's the internal diagram for the RJLD-043:http://0x0000ff.com/imgs/net/rjld-043.png
    > > And here's the one for the SI-50163:http://0x0000ff.com/imgs/net/SI-50163.png

    > > Anyone want to help me out ?

    > > Cheers
    > >   Simon

    > Yes, they are the same.

    Thanks :)

    For my future reference, as long as you link up the right tx/rx pins
    to the embedded Ethernet controller, is it generally ok to use any
    magjack that says it works at the data-rate you're using ?

    I see the internal circuits an they're all different! Some have the
    transformers vertical then horizontal, (thus different wiring to the
    horizontal then vertical arrangement, I'm aware the schematic
    orientation is arbitrary ;) does this generally matter ?

    Thanks :)

    Simon

    Simon, Jun 30, 2012
  4. Simon

    hamilton Guest

    On 6/30/2012 4:53 PM, Simon wrote:
    > On Jun 30, 2:02 pm, hamilton <> wrote:
    >> On 6/30/2012 12:51 PM, Simon wrote:> Hi,
    >>
    >>> I am trying to source an equivalent part to the RJLD-043 magjack, and
    >>> I think I've found one in the SI-50163, but the 'dots' on the
    >>> transformers are at different points. My question is: does that matter
    >>> for a magjack ?

    >>> Here's the internal diagram for the RJLD-043:http://0x0000ff.com/imgs/net/rjld-043.png
    >>> And here's the one for the SI-50163:http://0x0000ff.com/imgs/net/SI-50163.png

    >>> Anyone want to help me out ?

    >>> Cheers
    >>> Simon

    >> Yes, they are the same.

    > Thanks :)
    >
    > For my future reference, as long as you link up the right tx/rx pins
    > to the embedded Ethernet controller, is it generally ok to use any
    > magjack that says it works at the data-rate you're using ?
    >
    > I see the internal circuits an they're all different! Some have the
    > transformers vertical then horizontal, (thus different wiring to the
    > horizontal then vertical arrangement, I'm aware the schematic
    > orientation is arbitrary ;) does this generally matter ?
    >
    > Thanks :)
    >
    > Simon

    Trace it out, they are the same.

    hamilton, Jul 1, 2012