    quit unless I manually shut it down. I performed a full virus scan this
    morning with updated software so that ain't it. Any ideas before I reformat?

    Marianne
    Marianne, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Marianne

    Chris H. Guest

    For the softkbd problem, try going to the Command Prompt (not Start/Run),
    navigate to the C:\WINDOWS\System32 directory and then put in "tabsrv.exe
    /remove" without the quotes. Exit the Command Prompt, and then reboot your
    system.

    On the double-tap situation, what are your settings in Control Panel/Tablet
    and Pen Settings/Pen Options/Settings button? You may need to change the
    Speed in the top section toward the left, or slower, and the Spatial
    tolerance (below that) more to the right, or larger.

    Also, do you have the Wacom 4.82-9a driver installed, and did you install it
    after adding Windows XP SP2 and the Tablet PC Edition 2005?
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Jan 5, 2005