    bootup. Now I know the text of this error ('System bus error-I/F
    between 8042 and IPDC'). What exactly does this mean, and how would she
    go about getting it fixed? Is the machine basically hosed?
    Syd Barrett, Nov 28, 2006

  2. Syd Barrett

    JHEM Guest

    Syd Barrett wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I have a friend with a Thinkpad 600X who gets an 8611 error upon
    > bootup.

    Reseat the keyboard connector.

    If that fails to correct the problem, replace the keyboard.
    --
    James

    Visit the Thinkpad Forums
    http://forum.thinkpads.com
    JHEM, Nov 28, 2006

  3. Syd Barrett

    Syd Barrett Guest

    SOLVED: Error 8611 on Thinkpad 600X

    JHEM wrote:

    > Reseat the keyboard connector.
    >
    > If that fails to correct the problem, replace the keyboard.
    > --

    She said she disabled the Trackpad in the BIOS and this had the same
    effect of fixing the problem. (She uses an external PS/2 mouse).
    Eventually, she is planning on getting a new laptop anyway, but for
    now, it's a quick-and-dirty solution. Thanks for your prompt reply. :)
    Syd Barrett, Nov 28, 2006