    they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other. Any
    experience to share on this one? She is getting frustrated (home on
    maternity leave for one more month).

    Trekman, Mar 2, 2009

  2. Trekman

    S.Lewis Guest

    "Trekman" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
    > months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
    > Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
    > which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
    > Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
    > they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other. Any
    > experience to share on this one? She is getting frustrated (home on
    > maternity leave for one more month).

    From this distance, I'd just have her uninstall and reinstall the VZ access
    manager and modem driver from her CD.

    Better still, send her this link to the UM 175 page (which has instructions
    for doing so but also the latest software and driver):

    http://support.vzw.com/phones/index.html?p=3926

    S.Lewis, Mar 2, 2009

  3. Trekman

    S.Lewis Guest

    "S.Lewis" <> wrote in message

    > "Trekman" <> wrote in message
    >> My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
    >> months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
    >> Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
    >> which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
    >> Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
    >> they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other. Any
    >> experience to share on this one? She is getting frustrated (home on
    >> maternity leave for one more month).

    > From this distance, I'd just have her uninstall and reinstall the VZ
    > access manager and modem driver from her CD.
    >
    > Better still, send her this link to the UM 175 page (which has
    > instructions for doing so but also the latest software and driver):
    >
    > http://support.vzw.com/phones/index.html?p=3926

    Additionally, you might want to read this thread from back in April of last
    year as an FYI. It's a considerably involved resolution. You might note
    the date of this thread and also the version(s) of the VZaccess manager on
    her CD.............versus what is currently available for download on the
    website, as there may be a "fix" if the website software version is newer:

    http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=Special_Interest_Windows&thread.id=398

    S.Lewis, Mar 2, 2009
  4. Trekman

    Trekman Guest

    On Mar 2, 7:09 am, RnR <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 03:55:45 -0800 (PST), Trekman <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
    > >months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
    > >Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
    > >which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
    > >Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
    > >they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other.  Any
    > >experience to share on this one?  She is getting frustrated (home on
    > >maternity leave for one more month).

    > Sounds like you're right tho I don't have/never had this modem.
    > Assuming it was working good until recently, can she just use a
    > restore point to go backward to just before it happened?   Otherwise,
    > may need to tweak the connection settings.  What OS is she using?

    She is using Vista. I will pass along several of the suggestions - not
    sure what the help techs have already run her through, but I know she
    mentioned getting into regedit.

    Trekman, Mar 2, 2009
  5. Trekman

    Trekman Guest

    On Mar 2, 6:50 pm, "Christopher Muto" <> wrote:
    > are you talking about an evdo modem? if so, then i suggest that you remove
    > it, reboot the system, and then stick it into another usb port...
    >
    > "Trekman" <> wrote in message

    > > My daughter called last night. She has a new Inspiron laptop, maybe 3
    > > months old and uses a Verizon wireless UM175 broadband access modem.
    > > Seems she just had the connection quit and up came an "error code 720"
    > > which I believe has to do with TCP/IP protocol for the connection.
    > > Long story short she has spoken to MicroSoft as well as Verizon and
    > > they have pretty much ping-ponged her over the net to the other.  Any
    > > experience to share on this one?  She is getting frustrated (home on
    > > maternity leave for one more month).

    Had to look back at Verizon website and found this:
    Ultra compact, light and easy to use, the UM175 USB Modem provides
    high–speed access on our 1x/EV–DO network via VZ Access Manager™.
    So, I guess it is an "evdo" modem. I will pass along the reboot and
    replug suggestion. Thanks ...

    Trekman, Mar 3, 2009
  6. Trekman

    S.Lewis Guest

    "Christopher Muto" <> wrote in message
    > the um175 is a usb evdo modem. like a thumb drive...

    <snip>

    Yup. Done seen a couple of them in the wild.

    S.Lewis, Mar 4, 2009