    eVga has a special promotion involving a free PCIx MB with every purchase of
    a 7800GT card. Check it out here http://tinyurl.com/8wa7o

    Ed F.
    Ed Forsythe, Feb 23, 2006

  2. Ed Forsythe

    First of One Guest

    Old news. eVGA has been doing this since last year. Of course, the MB is
    only included if you opt for the expensive video card SKUs (~$450 for the
    7800GT bundle).

    First of One, Feb 24, 2006

  3. Ed Forsythe

    McGrandpa Guest

    "First of One" <> wrote in message
    > Old news. eVGA has been doing this since last year. Of course, the MB is
    > only included if you opt for the expensive video card SKUs (~$450 for the
    > 7800GT bundle).

    That's not bad.
    My 2nd 7800GTX was $440 at NewEgg, by itself.
    McG.

    McGrandpa, Feb 24, 2006
  4. Ed Forsythe

    First of One Guest

    Read my post again. I said 7800GT, not GTX, big difference in price there.
    :)

    Keep in mind an NF4 SLI board, like the Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI, can be had for
    $100.

    First of One, Feb 24, 2006
  5. Ed Forsythe

    McGrandpa Guest

    Yeah, I was surprised to get my K8N-SLI for $95. The PSU's cost more than
    the motherboard!!! eVGA products at the eVGA site seem to be a good bit
    higher priced than a lot of re/e-tailers are selling for. My 2nd 'GTX was
    $110 less than the first one.
    If their mobos are as solid as their vid cards then they're likely a very
    good board. BUT, $199 for a mobo with no more features than I have for $95?
    I don't think so :)
    My rig is now complete. Except for possibly that new Silverstone PSU :)

    McG.

    McGrandpa, Feb 24, 2006
  6. Ed Forsythe

    Ed Forsythe Guest

    McG, You have a top of the line system so you should go for the best PS,
    and that is PC Power & Cooling. Their PSs have been tested many times and
    *never* has there been any failure to live up to (or exceed) advertised
    specs. The 510 Deluxe SLI would be ideal for your system.
    http://www.pcpowercooling.com/

    Ed Forsythe, Feb 24, 2006
  7. Ed Forsythe

    McGrandpa Guest

    I've read up on em, I want the Silverstone.
    McG.
    time to go FEAR a while now :)

    McGrandpa, Feb 25, 2006
  8. Ed Forsythe

    First of One Guest

    Yeah, PP&C power supplies are designed to operate *continuously* at their
    rated maximum load, at 50 C environmental temperatures. Though at $200 you
    can probably get two Enermax units and run the video cards on a dedicated
    power supply...

    First of One, Feb 25, 2006
  9. Ed Forsythe

    First of One Guest

    The eVGA mobos are manufactured by a third-party. Can't remember the name,
    though it was mentioned in the NCIX forums. The mobos carry "only" a
    two-year warranty, not lifetime like the brand's high-end video cards,
    though this is not a practical drawback. eVGA support has a good reputation
    I hear.

    First of One, Feb 25, 2006
  10. Ed Forsythe

    McGrandpa Guest

    "First of One"

    > --
    >
    > "McGrandpa" <> wrote in message
    >> If their mobos are as solid as their vid cards then they're likely a very
    >> good board. BUT, $199 for a mobo with no more features than I have for
    >> $95? I don't think so :)
    >> My rig is now complete. Except for possibly that new Silverstone PSU :)
    >>
    >> McG.

    <> wrote in message
    news:...> The eVGA mobos are manufactured
    by a third-party. Can't remember the name,
    > though it was mentioned in the NCIX forums. The mobos carry "only" a
    > two-year warranty, not lifetime like the brand's high-end video cards,
    > though this is not a practical drawback. eVGA support has a good
    > reputation > I hear.

    They do on paper at least. I haven't had to use their warranty yet.
    Still, their listed price for the mobo is $199. That's just too much, IMO.
    McG.
    McGrandpa, Feb 25, 2006
  11. Ed Forsythe

    Ed Forsythe Guest

    I don't understand McG. Are you talking about the free MB?

    Ed Forsythe, Feb 25, 2006
  12. Ed Forsythe

    McGrandpa Guest

    Yes, went and looked at that 'deal' on the eVGA site.

    McGrandpa, Feb 25, 2006
  13. Ed Forsythe

    Ed Forsythe Guest

    But you said $199 is too much. Isn't the MB free when you buy the 7800GT
    card?

    Ed Forsythe, Feb 25, 2006
  14. Ed Forsythe

    McGrandpa Guest

    True, but I already have a pair of GTX's, don't need the GT ;0)

    McG.

    McGrandpa, Feb 25, 2006
  15. Ed Forsythe

    First of One Guest

    The MB is only "free" if you buy the 7800GT package that costs $150 more
    than usual...

    First of One, Feb 25, 2006
  16. Ed Forsythe

    Ed Forsythe Guest

    You may be incorrect. The eVDA troops insist that the deal is valid through
    some of their r/etailers.

    Ed Forsythe, Feb 25, 2006