    3 - May we connect more than one external sound card to a pc?

    Thanks

    2669458-28

    Tom keen, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Tom keen

    Tod Guest

    I believe several companies are making external sound card that plug in the
    USB port.
    Why more then one sound card ?

    Tod, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Tom keen

    CrimsonLiar Guest

    Mostly for people with notebook PCs or crappy onboard sound. As for
    connecting more than 1 sound card, yes you can, but unless you have
    applications that route sound info directly you can only use one device for
    input and one for output at a time.

    Crimson Liar

    CrimsonLiar, Jul 5, 2004
  4. Tom keen

    juha Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:10:11 GMT, "CrimsonLiar" <>
    wrote:

    >Mostly for people with notebook PCs or crappy onboard sound. As for
    >connecting more than 1 sound card, yes you can, but unless you have
    >applications that route sound info directly you can only use one device for
    >input and one for output at a time.
    >
    >Crimson Liar

    True. One reason I've been thinking about buying an external USB sound
    system for my laptop is not so much because the sound chip sucks, but
    because it has pitiful output options, only a headphone miniplug (this
    is pretty common with laptops). I'd like to have AT LEAST line-out, if
    I ever wanted to connect it to a better sound system etc.

    juha, Jul 6, 2004
  5. Tom keen

    Tod Guest

    Could that headphone miniplug be "duel purpose"
    and also function as a line-out ?

    Tod, Jul 7, 2004