    certainly, without AGP. So here's the question: How loud is the fan in the
    PCIe version of the card? As a possible alternative can be APVe. How about
    it?
    AS, Oct 14, 2006

  2. AS

    John Smith Guest

    Did you ever get an answer on the fan?

    John Smith, Jan 1, 2007

  3. AS

    AS Guest

    John Smith wrote:
    > Did you ever get an answer on the fan?

    :))

    Not yet.

    I didn't like the idea of testing myself. Actually, I did some
    investigation meanwhile. After searching, reading and coin flipping I
    have decided to go the ASUS Radeon x1300 Silent Edition (ie., fanless)
    route. I am not a gamer and have liked the Matrox quality, but somehow
    it happened, partly because of the fan. My new GPU gets somewhat hotter
    than I am used to, but so far no problems for more than a month.
    AS, Jan 10, 2007