Fan, Temp etc Monitor for Intel D865GVHZ

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Puddin' Man, Sep 4, 2006.

  1. Puddin' Man

    Puddin' Man Guest

    Fan, Temp etc Monitor for Intel D865GVHZ

    Greetings,

    I have little desktop system with D865GVHZ mainboard.

    Tried Intel Active Monitor. It sporadically issued
    temp alerts that made pc unusable. Hi temps could
    not be verified. After immediate soft boot, temps were fine again.

    Currently toying with Speedfan 4.29. It seems to
    find everything:

    Win9x:NO 64Bit:NO GiveIO:YES SpeedFan:YES
    I/O properly initialized
    Linked ISA BUS at $0290
    Linked Intel 82801EB ICH5 SMBUS at $C400
    Scanning ISA BUS at $0290...
    SuperIO Chip=LPC47m172
    Sensor's Base Address : $0000
    Scanning Intel SMBus at $C400...
    ADM1027 (ID=$27) found on SMBus at $2E
    SMART Enabled for drive 0
    Found WDC WD800JB-00FSA0 (80.0GB)
    SMART Enabled for drive 1
    Found Maxtor 53073H4 (30.7GB)
    End of detection

    but I cant figger the interface out. The "help - configure"
    illustrations do not seem to match the 4.29 interface at
    all. Wouldn't let me set a fan speed.

    Am I running the wrong version of Speedfan? Should I be
    looking at MBM5? Smartguardian??

    Any/all help/suggestions etc much appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Puddin'

    Pease pudding hot,
    Pease pudding cold,