  1. What AMD cpu has the highest stock clock speed? TIA

    --
    ..

    ©®©@®.©®©, Oct 16, 2006

  2. ©®©@®.©®©

    Paul Guest

    Paul, Oct 16, 2006

  3. (Paul) wrote:
    > In article <20061016135558.245$>, ©®©@®.©®© wrote:
    >
    > > What AMD cpu has the highest stock clock speed? TIA

    > You can get all sorts of information here. An FX-62
    > looks to be pretty fast:
    >
    > http://www.amdcompare.com
    >
    > http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/details.aspx?opn=ADAFX62IAA6CS
    >
    > or in terms of things you can buy, go look in the Newegg listings
    > and simply scroll down and find the most expensive processor.
    > It is bound to be fast.
    >
    > Paul

    Cash is related to speed most of the time. They are not stupid. Thanks for
    the reply.

    --
    ..

    ©®©@®.©®©, Oct 16, 2006
  4. ©®©@®.©®© wrote:

    > Cash is related to speed most of the time. They are not stupid. Thanks for
    > the reply.

    Depends on the app. Clock speed usually is more important.

    Merrill P. L. Worthington, Oct 16, 2006
  5. "Merrill P. L. Worthington" <> wrote:
    > ©®©@®.©®© wrote:
    > >
    > > Cash is related to speed most of the time. They are not stupid. Thanks
    > > for the reply.
    > >

    > Depends on the app. Clock speed usually is more important.

    What is the fastest AMD clock speed, stock, not overclocked?

    --
    ..

    ©®©@®.©®©, Oct 17, 2006
  6. ©®©@®.©®©

    DRS Guest

    <©®©@®.©®©> wrote in message news:20061016193255.586$
    > "Merrill P. L. Worthington" <> wrote:
    >> ©®©@®.©®© wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Cash is related to speed most of the time. They are not stupid.
    >>> Thanks for the reply.
    >>>

    >> Depends on the app. Clock speed usually is more important.

    > What is the fastest AMD clock speed, stock, not overclocked?

    FX62, 2.8Ghz

    DRS, Oct 17, 2006
  7. ©®©@®.©®©

    Dylan C Guest

    ©®©@®.©®© wrote:
    > What AMD cpu has the highest stock clock speed? TIA

    The FX 62 and 57 both run at 2.8GHz. So do a couple of opterons. It
    looks like the 62 is the only dual-core to run at that speed. All of
    this info is readily available at amdcompare.com if you need faster
    answers.

    -Dylan C

    Dylan C, Oct 17, 2006
  8. ©®©@®.©®© wrote:
    > "Merrill P. L. Worthington" <> wrote:
    >
    >>©®©@®.©®© wrote:
    >>
    >>>Cash is related to speed most of the time. They are not stupid. Thanks
    >>>for the reply.
    >>>

    >>Depends on the app. Clock speed usually is more important.

    > What is the fastest AMD clock speed, stock, not overclocked?

    2.8ghz

    Google is your friend.

    Merrill P. L. Worthington, Oct 17, 2006
  9. ©®©@®.©®©

    scrooge Guest

    On 16 Oct 2006 19:50:25 GMT, ©®©@®.©®© wrote:

    > (Paul) wrote:
    >> In article <20061016135558.245$>, ©®©@®.©®© wrote:
    >>
    >> > What AMD cpu has the highest stock clock speed? TIA

    >> You can get all sorts of information here. An FX-62
    >> looks to be pretty fast:
    >>
    >> http://www.amdcompare.com
    >>
    >> http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/details.aspx?opn=ADAFX62IAA6CS
    >>
    >> or in terms of things you can buy, go look in the Newegg listings
    >> and simply scroll down and find the most expensive processor.
    >> It is bound to be fast.
    >>
    >> Paul

    >Cash is related to speed most of the time. They are not stupid. Thanks for
    >the reply.

    Watch out for newegg.com's prices. They're based on their original
    cost. You sometimes find older clawhammer core cpu's at higher
    prices than cooler running later core models.

    PS they're having sales on OEM FX chips now. Keep an eye out for
    bargain codes. check out techbargains.com to keep up to date.

    scrooge, Oct 19, 2006
  10. scrooge wrote:
    > On 16 Oct 2006 19:50:25 GMT, ©®©@®.©®© wrote:
    >
    > > (Paul) wrote:

    > >> You can get all sorts of information here. An FX-62
    > >> looks to be pretty fast:
    > >>
    > >> http://www.amdcompare.com
    > >>
    > >> http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/details.aspx?opn=ADAFX62IAA6CS
    > >>
    > >> or in terms of things you can buy, go look in the Newegg listings
    > >> and simply scroll down and find the most expensive processor.
    > >> It is bound to be fast.
    > >>
    > >> Paul

    > >Cash is related to speed most of the time. They are not stupid. Thanks
    > >for the reply.

    > Watch out for newegg.com's prices. They're based on their original
    > cost. You sometimes find older clawhammer core cpu's at higher
    > prices than cooler running later core models.
    >
    > PS they're having sales on OEM FX chips now. Keep an eye out for
    > bargain codes. check out techbargains.com to keep up to date.

    I will do that, thanks alot for the info. I know you can pickup some
    decent fast chips cheap because i just bought a 3.4 gig P4 HT Northwood
    for my notebook for 100 bucks.

    --
    ..

    ©®©@®.©®©, Oct 19, 2006

    Shrub Guest

    u do realise that clock speed dont mean shit nowdays its they way they are
    made that makes the difference eg:my 3500+ clocked at 2.2ghz will easily
    beat a pentium 4 520 clocked at 2800 ghz.

    Shrub, Oct 29, 2006