File Backup System

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by kev23, Dec 19, 2007.

  1. kev23

    kev23

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2007
    Messages:
    6
    Greetings all. I have a situation and would like some opinions.

    The company I work for needs a place to store large files and have them backed up. We have both Mac and Windows that would need to access the drive(s).

    I was thinking of a NAS box but then I wouldn't really have a way to back it up since a NAS doesn't run software. So, I was thinking of a RAID server and just have that backed up on tape.

    Was wondering what would be some good options. Price is somewhat of an issue but not terribly.

    Thanks in advance!