    a virus? The virus was quarantined and deleted by Trend Micro. I want to
    know where I got the virus. Can it be easily done?

    Thanks!

    Von Fourche, Aug 16, 2006

  2. Von Fourche

    Tom Scales Guest

    "Von Fourche" <> wrote in message
    news:SNuEg.6457$...

    > Is there any way to find out what website or program infected my PC
    > with a virus? The virus was quarantined and deleted by Trend Micro. I
    > want to know where I got the virus. Can it be easily done?
    >
    > Thanks!

    No. They're very good at covering their tracks.

    Tom Scales, Aug 16, 2006

  3. Von Fourche

    Guest

    Tom Scales wrote:
    > "Von Fourche" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Is there any way to find out what website or program infected my PC
    > > with a virus? The virus was quarantined and deleted by Trend Micro. I
    > > want to know where I got the virus. Can it be easily done?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >

    > No. They're very good at covering their tracks.

    There are hints, however. Look at the quarentine, does it have the
    original location of the file contianing the virus? You can usually at
    least tell if it came via email or via Internet. If by Internet, you
    can go through your history, and eliminate known safe sites. What's
    left will be your suspects. Any porn or gambling websites are automatic
    suspects, especially if they required you to download a codec, even if
    they have been safe in the past. Next are "cute/Cool" downloads,
    cursors, screensavers, sometimes even games. And then there are the
    Utlimate slime, fake antivirus and spyware programs.

    , Aug 16, 2006
  4. Von Fourche

    Colin Wilson Guest

    > Is there any way to find out what website or program infected my PC with
    > a virus? The virus was quarantined and deleted by Trend Micro. I want
    > to know where I got the virus. Can it be easily done?

    You might find that the site you visited that "initiated" the problem
    had no knowledge of the activities of the advertiser they sold space to.

    From there on in, most virii now take on a life of their own and
    download newer versions of themselves to help avoid detection.

    Colin Wilson, Aug 16, 2006