FISH!

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Chris Morgan, Nov 11, 2008.

  1. Chris Morgan

    Chris Morgan Guest

    I've been reading the stuff about the new FISHworks stuff. I like it!

    The only slight trouble is I don't have $10k+ for a personal
    fileserver right now. Does anyone know when and if we'll be able to
    make homebrew fishservers? I quite fancy one for my basement, just not
    using large chunks of SSD, nor 146GB SAS disks. Even something like an
    ultra 40 "fishified" might be a bit more affordable. Currently it's a
    "workstation", but with a 1kw power supply and up to 8 bracketed hard
    drive bays it kind of looks like a small office server to me as it is
    (you have to squint a bit :)

    I know BMC already put up a vmware image of the server software, I'm
    definitely going to try that out to start with, but I have a feeling I
    am going to want to go a bit further long before I save enough for a
    real fishworks box.

    Cheers

    Chris

    --
    Chris Morgan
    "Post posting of policy changes by the boss will result in

    - anonymous correspondent

    Chris Morgan, Nov 11, 2008