Fit Lenovo 3000 HDD into a ThinkPad 600e ?

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by silenceseeker2003@yahoo.com, Oct 1, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I plan to replace my Lenovo's 80GB HDD (SATA 150) with a 250GB one.

    At first, I thought of re-using that existing 80GB to replace my
    ThinkPad 600e's dying HDD.

    But then I realized: Yes, both are 2.5" form factor but the 600e's is
    IDE, not SATA.

    Is there a way to fit a 2.5" SATA HDD into the 600e?

    Or my only recourse is to throw out that 80GB HDD?

    Thanks,
    Sam

    1. Advertising

  2. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    An SATA drive will not fit into a 600e chassis or any other laptop which uses
    IDE drives. If you want to get some use out of the 80GB drive, you can buy an
    external USB case for it. Otherwise, sell it... Ben Myers

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 11:30:04 -0700, ""
    <> wrote:

    >I plan to replace my Lenovo's 80GB HDD (SATA 150) with a 250GB one.
    >
    >At first, I thought of re-using that existing 80GB to replace my
    >ThinkPad 600e's dying HDD.
    >
    >But then I realized: Yes, both are 2.5" form factor but the 600e's is
    >IDE, not SATA.
    >
    >Is there a way to fit a 2.5" SATA HDD into the 600e?
    >
    >Or my only recourse is to throw out that 80GB HDD?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Sam

    1. Advertising

  3. PJ

    PJ Guest

    wrote:
    > I plan to replace my Lenovo's 80GB HDD (SATA 150) with a 250GB one.
    >
    > At first, I thought of re-using that existing 80GB to replace my
    > ThinkPad 600e's dying HDD.
    >
    > But then I realized: Yes, both are 2.5" form factor but the 600e's is
    > IDE, not SATA.
    >
    > Is there a way to fit a 2.5" SATA HDD into the 600e?
    >
    > Or my only recourse is to throw out that 80GB HDD?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Sam

    Oh gosh, hang onto it. In the end, the guy
    with the most stuff wins! :)

    That drive does have a licensed OS on it,
    might make a good spare if the new one dies
    or, wipe the OS and play with Linux on this
    old drive.

    --
    pj