    The LED remains on until I unplugged the cable.

    I tried to reset the CMOS, with no success. What should I do here?

    Thanks!
    Erwien, Aug 16, 2007

  2. Erwien

    Eric Parker Guest

    "Erwien" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am having a problem with FN41 mobo. Right after I turned it on,
    > about one second later it shut down and the cpu overtemp led is on.
    > The LED remains on until I unplugged the cable.
    >
    > I tried to reset the CMOS, with no success. What should I do here?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Erwien

    Have you tried taking the heatsink off, cleaning it of paste, cleaning
    the
    CPU of paste, then applying more paste and reseating the heatsink ?

    Eric

    --
    Remove the dross to contact me directly
    Eric Parker, Aug 20, 2007

  3. Erwien

    gerrard

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,
    I am having the same problem. Have removed the cpu and cleaned etc. now put it all back in and repaired a vista installation. All seemed to have been cured but then "bang" off it goes with the red led on.
    gerrard, Aug 10, 2008