    garage sale and I cannot figure out how to get the cover off of the
    tower...can anyone answer without making laughing too hard at me!!
    thanks....

    breezyyb, Apr 5, 2005

  2. "breezyyb" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I just cant figure this out!! I got a Packard Bell Multimedia J180 at a
    > garage sale and I cannot figure out how to get the cover off of the
    > tower...can anyone answer without making laughing too hard at me!!

    Well, you could start by telling us which case style it is, since that seems
    to be a rare model not found in the usual places online... when the site comes
    back up, check here:
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/8774/pbcase.html
    (currently down due to excess traffic)

    I'm in the process of migrating my old Windows installation from a PB
    Multimedia L196 ("designer tower" case, looks like a normal mid-tower sitting
    on a pizza box) into something only slightly more modern, a barebones system
    built on an ASUS A7V400-MX mobo.

    If this is your case style, here's how to open it (it can be quite difficult
    if never/rarely opened):
    1. remove 3 screws from back
    2. slide outer shell backward about 1/2 inch until it stops - this may be very
    stiff
    3. lift shell upward.

    For access to RAM slots, motherboard connectors/jumpers, lower PCI/ISA slots,
    etc., continue thus:

    4. raise front of case on something about an inch thick and solid, or hang the
    front 2 inches or so over the edge of a table/desk
    5. pull the 2 sides of the front gray plastic part of the "pizza box" forward
    and downward from the top (the seam is obvious), this may also be very stiff
    6. now you should see 2 screws that allow easy removal of the 2 long sides of
    the "pizza box" for easier access within the lower part of the case. The
    front panel can also be removed by another 2 screws at this point if desired.

    --

    Alan "A.J." Franzman

    Email: a.j.franzman [ A T ] verizon [ D O T ] net

    Alan 'A.J.' Franzman, Apr 15, 2005