Force VGA activation on GeForce 9 serie

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by cartez, Sep 3, 2009.

  1. cartez

    cartez Guest

    Hello
    I would like to have the following configuration with my 9800gtx on
    WinXP SP3, my DVI port is dead

    My monitor connected on the HDMI port
    My LVD Tv connected on the VGA port

    Now if i have only the monitor on the HDMI it works
    If after the boot in this configuration I plug my TV on the VGA, it is
    not detected by the detection system of the driver and therefore I
    cannot select dual display settings

    If I restart with the monitor on HDMI and the tv on VGA, the single
    display is on the TV and I cannot detect the monitor on HDMI

    Therefore I have stuck with the single display options
    My question is :
    Is there a way to force the dual display options to be activated
    without detection and then force what port is doing what (in my
    configuration primary display on HDMI and secondary on VGA)

    Thanks

    cartez, Sep 3, 2009