    market 5.25inch fitting? DIY fitting? Any advice would be welcome.

    Thanks

    Bob Z

    Bob Zeitlhofer, Feb 15, 2004

  2. Bob Zeitlhofer

    Lenny Guest

    > I appologise if the question's been asked before but, is there a simple

    way
    > to get the connections from a SB5.1 Live card to the front of the PC?

    Your question is a bit too general in nature to be answered in a short
    sentence. :)

    Do you have a case with front-mounted jacks? Some recent ones do. If not,
    you'll have to invent it yourself. Whip out your dremel and soldering iron
    and beaver away! :)

    Then again, you could buy something like a simple mixer at a music
    instruments/MIDI synth store or such and place it in a convenient place
    after hooking it up to your soundcard, then connect whatever listening
    device of your choice to the mixer.

    Lenny, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Bob Zeitlhofer

    Bob Zed Guest

    I guess I don't know what I don't know with regard to a solution but what
    I'd like to do is be able to easily swap devices on the line in such
    turntable, casette player etc. and headphones and portable mp3 devices on
    the outputs. I'm happy to make/invent something at the front of the case to
    fix necessary sockets so that's not a problem.

    What I'd like to know is, is there any way of taking the connections from
    the SB card to my invented front plate/cover internally in the PC? ie, are
    there
    connectors on the SB card that I could use to bring the connections to the
    front? The online tech manual isn't all that clear in this regard.

    Hopefully I've been clearer this time. Thanks for the response.

    Bob Z

    Bob Zed, Feb 17, 2004