Front Panel Connections - HOW???

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Linux Man, Jan 25, 2004.

  1. Linux Man

    Linux Man Guest

    I 'm building a computer using an Abit NF7-S motherboard and an Antec Super
    Lanboy case. Here's my problem that I need some guidance on. I've searched
    and searched and can't find anything that explains this in detail. Perhaps,
    I'm confused about something that's pretty simple for most. Please bear
    with me.

    The wires for the case's front panel connectors are as follows:
    MICROPHONE: Mic, Mic Bias, Ground
    SPEAKERS: FPOUT-R, FPOUT-L, RET-R, RET-L, and Ground.

    The pin-out the FPIO2 Header on my mb according to the user's manual is as
    follows:
    1-MIC, 2-GND, 3-NoConn, 4-VCC, 5-FrontRight, 6-FrontRight, 7-NoConn,
    8-NoPin, 9-FrontLeft, 10-Front-Left, 11-GND, 12-SPDIF-In, 13-VCC,
    14-SPDIF-Out. The motherboard has jumpers on pins 5-6 and pins 9-10.

    Here're my questions:

    1. Where do the three microphone wires go? I know the ground connector
    goes to pin 2, GND, but what pins should the Mic and Mic Bias be connected
    to? Which connector connects to Pin 1, MIC and Pin 4, VCC.

    2. Do I remove the motherboard jumpers on pins 5-6 and 9-10 and connect the
    speaker wires? If so, won't this disable my rear connections? What I want
    is to have both the front connectors and rear connectors to function.

    Thanks in advance for some explaination. Once I get through this dilemma,
    I'm ready to turn on the juice and fire up my new computer.

    Linux Man, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Linux Man

    Linux Man Guest

    Oops! Sorry about this post, I should of sent it to the Abit newsgroup.

    Linux Man, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Linux Man

    KB Guest

    Did you say ABIT??
    If so then this is for Asus boards.
    Anyway, if there are jumpers then if off you will only have front audio
    jacks, if on then only normal onboard jacks.

    Like I said, if you have the Abit board then why choose this NG?

    KB, Jan 25, 2004
  4. Linux Man

    Linux Man Guest

    Dude, can you say M-I-S-T-A-K-E !!!! I think I should be entitled to one
    every now and then. By the way, I own Asus boards, too.

    Linux Man, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Linux Man

    KB Guest

    Mistook