    direct replacement or if not, which motherboard is best as a
    replacement so I can use the existing processor/memory etc

    TIA
    MD, Jun 20, 2008

  2. MD

    Paul Guest

    Re: Fujitsu Cordant Motherboard GA 81SXT faulty - replacement - whichone

    MD wrote:
    > Need to replace the motherboard only as it is faulty. can I get a
    > direct replacement or if not, which motherboard is best as a
    > replacement so I can use the existing processor/memory etc
    >
    > TIA

    You'll have better luck searching, by changing the second
    character to the letter I. Board uses an 865PE. It is
    out of stock here, but was for sale at one time.

    http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=GA-8ISX-WB&cpc=RECOM

    For remaining 865PE stock, at least some of it will be
    "pulls" from working equipment. And price-wise, at least
    one seller on this page, thinks customers will pay a
    high price for an 865PE board. Ebay would be another
    option.

    http://castle.pricewatch.com/s/search.asp?s=865pe

    When searching for a replacement, make sure the advert
    says "865PE" and "S478", because there were some boards
    made with socket LGA775 that have the 865PE chipset
    as well. This motherboard, for example, won't work for
    you, because it is LGA775 socket. The board uses the
    865PE chipset. So your search terms should include S478.

    http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=26&model=166&modelmenu=1

    If you cannot find any desirable 865PE boards, the chipsets
    form a family. 875P, 865PE, 865G (not GV), 848, are examples
    of things that could be used. Even an 845PE based board,
    a previous generation chipset could be used, but 845PE
    is a single channel board, with FSB limitations if your
    current processor is FSB800 (it would make a crappy
    replacement).

    The 865G type boards were in production the longest,
    of the family. 865G has built-in graphics.

    The reason you would not want an 865GV, is no AGP slot.
    There are even some motherboard PCBs, designed for an
    AGP slot and 865G, that have an 865GV soldered to them,
    and the AGP connector is not soldered in place. That
    would help the manufacturer get rid of their stock
    of 865GV chips, but is no help to the average
    consumer that wants an AGP slot.

    When my 875P board dies, I'll be shoveling dirt over mine :)

    Good luck,
    Paul
    Paul, Jun 21, 2008