    Can anyone help?

    Regards,

    Gavin

    gavin, May 11, 2004

  2. On Tue, 11 May 2004 21:36:04 +0100, "gavin" <> wrote:

    >How do I find out if my sound card is full duplex? I have been to Control
    >Panel>System>Device Manager>Sound, video and game controllers. One item here
    >is CM18738/C3DX PCI Audio Device. Is this my sound card?

    Yes. It is CMI 8738 sound chip. Usually it is on the mother board
    and is an AC'97 type. It's made by C-Media, it's a driver type
    soundchip so it might need different drivers. The updated drivers
    should be available on the motherboard manufacturers website. You can
    try looking in Start Menu-Control Panel-Sounds and Audio Devices.
    Usually it doesn't say if it is duplex. The only way to find out if
    it does duplex is to try to record and play at the same time.

    Sig:
    I have a brain the size of a planet. It's not much good to me, however. It's on a different planet.

    Rotes Sapiens, May 17, 2004