functionality of CCD87 Front Illuminated

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by alb, Jan 16, 2012.

  1. alb

    alb Guest

    Hi everyone,
    I've been chasing this for a while but haven't found much (this is the
    only reference so far
    http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/sites/default/files/ccd87_fi_4p_imo.pdf).

    If anyone has any information about this component (a CCD from e2v
    technologies which apparently is not on the list of their current
    products) please let me know either privately or publicly.
    Thanks,

    Al

    --
    A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

    alb, Jan 16, 2012

  2. alb

    Guest

    On 16 Jan., 15:37, alb <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    > I've been chasing this for a while but haven't found much (this is the
    > only reference so farhttp://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/sites/default/files/ccd87_fi_4p_imo.pdf).
    >
    > If anyone has any information about this component (a CCD from e2v
    > technologies which apparently is not on the list of their current
    > products) please let me know either privately or publicly.
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Al

    one of the first hits on google is this:
    http://www.emccd.com/downloads/pdfs/EMCCDs and Digital CDS techniques.pdf

    it is a rather expensive device, why don't you give them a call, they
    are nice guys

    -Lasse

    , Jan 16, 2012

  3. alb

    alb Guest

    On 1/16/2012 8:47 PM, wrote:
    > On 16 Jan., 15:37, alb <> wrote:
    >> Hi everyone,
    >> I've been chasing this for a while but haven't found much (this is the
    >> only reference so farhttp://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/sites/default/files/ccd87_fi_4p_imo.pdf).
    >>
    >> If anyone has any information about this component (a CCD from e2v
    >> technologies which apparently is not on the list of their current
    >> products) please let me know either privately or publicly.
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Al
    >>

    > one of the first hits on google is this:
    > http://www.emccd.com/downloads/pdfs/EMCCDs and Digital CDS techniques.pdf

    thanks for the link, I forgot to mention that I already checked the
    first 20 hits on google to look for a detailed datasheet.

    > it is a rather expensive device, why don't you give them a call, they
    > are nice guys

    it could be a good idea. I believe that even though they are not
    producing the chip anymore they may very well have a datasheet or some
    user manual. Money is not a problem, the chips have been already bought
    by somebody else :)

    The unfortunate thing is that the hardware behavior does not follow the
    description I have. It might be an hardware configuration (bug?) and/or
    an incomplete description.

    Reverse engineering can be painful at times (even though very interesting!).

    alb, Jan 17, 2012