    Help!!!!!!!!!

    --

    ===---Marcin Nowak---===
    Marcin Nowak, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Marcin Nowak

    Larc Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 15:07:03 +0100, Marcin Nowak pondered exceedingly, then took
    quill in hand and carefully composed...

    | I have problem; i have bought new motherboard ASRock K7S8X with agp standard
    | 4X & 8X and i have old card matrox g400 . In the book's motherboard wrote
    | "please do NOT insert a 3.3V AGP cart". Does that card work with that K7S8X?
    |
    | Help!!!!!!!!!

    Are you sure your G400 is the 3.3V version? If it's AGP 4X, it should be
    compatible with your new motherboard. One sure way to tell is to look at the
    part number on the card. If there's a "4A" in the number, it's 4X.

    Larc

    §§§ - Please raise temperature of mail to reply by e-mail - §§§
    Larc, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Marcin Nowak

    John Guest

    You can put ANY G400 into a 4x motherboard - you won't blow a 4x motherboard
    with a G400.

    It may or may not work depending on what revision of the G400 you have. But
    even if it doesn't work, it won't blow the board.

    There's a mod (using a lead pencil to join two contacts on the card) to make
    the old G400's run. I haven't tried it myself.

    John, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Marcin Nowak

    alans220 Guest

    Hi,

    hadn't thought about this, I'm going to transfer my G550 into a new
    board with 8x AGP, will this be ok?

    thanks

    alans220, Jan 2, 2004
  5. Marcin Nowak

    Larc Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 09:02:47 +0000, alans220 pondered exceedingly, then took
    quill in hand and carefully composed...

    | Hi,
    |
    | hadn't thought about this, I'm going to transfer my G550 into a new
    | board with 8x AGP, will this be ok?

    It will be if the new board also supports 4x.

    Larc, Jan 2, 2004
  6. alans220 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > hadn't thought about this, I'm going to transfer my G550 into a new
    > board with 8x AGP, will this be ok?

    Yes. G550 + K7S8X here without problems

    Gruss
    Klaus
    --
    Sorry, ungeleertes Postfach
    For reply: Google "Klaus Heuckeroth" in "Groups"
    Klaus Heuckeroth, Jan 2, 2004