G400 Max 1.5v card?

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by JF, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. JF

    JF Guest

    I'm looking at upgrading mainboards and the one i'm looking at says 1.5v
    video card only. I'm pretty sure the G400 is 1.5, but can't remember.
    The m/b is a ASUS P4B533.
    thanks

    1. Advertising

  2. Tod

    Tod Guest

    Some really early model G400 only supported 2X (3.3V).

    Can you read off the full model ID number ?

    "JF" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking at upgrading mainboards and the one i'm looking at says 1.5v
    > video card only. I'm pretty sure the G400 is 1.5, but can't remember.
    > The m/b is a ASUS P4B533.
    > thanks

    1. Advertising

  3. RickT

    RickT Guest

    If the model number includes "4A" then it's 4X AGP (3.3 or 1.5V).

    Rick

    "Tod" <> wrote in message news:VYhZb.19616$Xp.96082@attbi_s54...
    > Some really early model G400 only supported 2X (3.3V).
    >
    > Can you read off the full model ID number ?
    >
    > "JF" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm looking at upgrading mainboards and the one i'm looking at says 1.5v
    > > video card only. I'm pretty sure the G400 is 1.5, but can't remember.
    > > The m/b is a ASUS P4B533.
    > > thanks

  4. JF

    JF Guest

    Its got the "4A" in it, so it should be good to go. I thought it was,
    just couldn't remember how to identify it.
    Thanks