    I've had several Gigabyte boards, never saw one take this long to load the
    splash screen. Wonder if it's the video card (which otherwise seems to be
    working quite well)?

    Kernel, Sep 26, 2010

  2. Kernel

    Paul Guest

    Kernel wrote:
    > Rev 0, F3: This mobo shows a black screen during cold boot, for approx 20
    > seconds, and usually the first thing that appears is loading operating
    > system, the first XP screen. I'd guess the video card (Asus 5770) is not
    > why. During restarts the splash screen shows more or less normally,
    > although again there's a black screen for maybe 10 seconds.
    >
    > I've had several Gigabyte boards, never saw one take this long to load the
    > splash screen. Wonder if it's the video card (which otherwise seems to be
    > working quite well)?

    Have you tested with a second monitor ? Perhaps a monitor with a
    VGA connector on it ? What happens then ? It could be a monitor issue.

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 27, 2010

  3. Kernel

    Kernel Guest

    Thank you. It is likely a BIOS problem, since that's the first thing to run
    during boot; perhaps they'll come out with a new one one of these days.
    It's not the monitor, and I doubt if it's the video card (Asus 5770)...gotta
    be the mobo.

    Kernel, Sep 28, 2010