    to F8. Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance,

    Paul

    Paul Smith, Sep 1, 2008

  2. Paul Smith

    Paul Smith Guest

    On Sep 1, 10:37 am, Paul Smith <> wrote:
    > I have a Gigabyte GA-8I945PL-G and an IDE CDROM drive, which is not
    > detected by the BIOS. It worked fine before I updated the BIOS from F3
    > to F8. Any ideas?

    Nevermind, as I have meanwhile solved the problem.

    Paul

    Paul Smith, Sep 1, 2008

  3. Paul Smith

    Paul Guest

    Paul Smith wrote:
    > On Sep 1, 10:37 am, Paul Smith <> wrote:
    >> I have a Gigabyte GA-8I945PL-G and an IDE CDROM drive, which is not
    >> detected by the BIOS. It worked fine before I updated the BIOS from F3
    >> to F8. Any ideas?

    > Nevermind, as I have meanwhile solved the problem.
    >
    > Paul

    Solution = ??? (i.e. what did you do to fix it ?)

    We like a happy ending.

    Paul, Sep 1, 2008
  4. Paul Smith

    Paul Smith Guest

    On Sep 1, 4:45 pm, Paul <> wrote:
    > > On Sep 1, 10:37 am, Paul Smith <> wrote:
    > >> I have a Gigabyte GA-8I945PL-G and an IDE CDROM drive, which is not
    > >> detected by the BIOS. It worked fine before I updated the BIOS from F3
    > >> to F8. Any ideas?

    > > Nevermind, as I have meanwhile solved the problem.

    > Solution = ???  (i.e. what did you do to fix it ?)

    My CDROM drive was not connected to the IDE cable as Slave, as I had
    many IDE hard disks. Thus, my CDROM drive was connected directly to
    the motherboard on IDE3 or IDE4 (cannot remember). Then, I removed an
    hard disk and I connected the CDROM drive to the IDE cable as Slave. I
    should tell you that the direct connect from the CDROM drive to the
    motherboard (IDE3 or IDE4) worked very well until I updated the BIOS
    from F3 to F8.

    Paul

    Paul Smith, Sep 7, 2008