    I'm ready to pull my hair out

    --
    Max Kirgan
    Max Kirgan, Feb 24, 2012

  2. Max Kirgan

    Paul Guest

    Max Kirgan wrote:
    > Hi, I'm using a GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R mobo and I'm having trouble with
    > the digital audio. In the Windows sound control panel, the option for
    > selecting digital audio out isn't even there. I've tried reinstalling
    > the Realtek drivers to no avail. I was hoping somebody could help me as
    > I'm ready to pull my hair out.

    Have you checked the RealTek control panel ?

    The jack field should show there is a digital jack of some sort.
    It would be more of a problem if that was missing, as it would
    imply the mapping of jacks is wrong for the motherboard. (That
    is typically controlled by an extra-large .inf file.)

    The digital interface has a wrench-shaped circular button (blue background),
    and digital preferences would be there.

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/c00378269.jpg

    ( From http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=62776&docname=c00377375 )

    HP has a few audio setup pages like that, which show what hides behind the
    various buttons.

    I can't say whether disabling digital output in that panel, would
    remove a digital option from the Windows sound output preference, but
    I suppose it's possible. The only RealTek which is handy to me right
    now, doesn't have any digital output (S/PDIF or TOSLink).

    This is a picture of what is shown in the user manual, and there
    are two items in the lower right, as well as the "wrench" with
    preferences hiding in it.

    http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/1974/digitallowerright.gif

    Paul
    Paul, Feb 26, 2012