GA-EX58-UD4P northbridge & cooling

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Sherwin, Sep 7, 2009.

  1. Sherwin

    Sherwin Guest

    Has anyone experienced their boards running hot? I have the stock cpu
    fan (not overclocking for now), but used a higher grade paste. Still
    running high 80s for some apps, I have heard some others had problems,
    but majority seemed to be fine running stock/no OC.

    Is the NB heat pipe sufficient enough for cooling? Haven't seen much
    discussion on it. I have a side case fan blowing right on top of it,
    but wanted to know if it was worth the trouble to rip it off for
    something else considering i have to install several fans to rep
    everything else the heat pipe is connected too... I may OC later on.
    Trying to stay away from liquid this time around.

    1. Advertising

  2. peter

    peter Guest

    High 80's ???
    hopefully you mean celsius!!!

    peter

    or disruptive,please ignore it.
    to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :)

    "Sherwin" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone experienced their boards running hot? I have the stock cpu
    > fan (not overclocking for now), but used a higher grade paste. Still
    > running high 80s for some apps, I have heard some others had problems,
    > but majority seemed to be fine running stock/no OC.
    >
    > Is the NB heat pipe sufficient enough for cooling? Haven't seen much
    > discussion on it. I have a side case fan blowing right on top of it,
    > but wanted to know if it was worth the trouble to rip it off for
    > something else considering i have to install several fans to rep
    > everything else the heat pipe is connected too... I may OC later on.
    > Trying to stay away from liquid this time around.

    1. Advertising

  3. peter

    peter Guest

    OOOPs........meant to say